Sadly American Idol (AI) contender Karen Rodriquez was eliminated from the Fox/TV hit reality show last Thursday. Although the AI judges could have saved her, it has to be a unanimous save. Judge Jennifer Lopez informed Karen that she had to leave, but that the decision for her to go was "not unanimous."
AI watches have indicated that Judge Lopez seemed to have a soft spot for Rodriquez who hoped to be the first ever Latino American Idol.
Unfortunately Karen didn't have the vocal chops to compete against some of the other strong contenders like Pia Toscano, Casey Abrams, James Durbin and Lauren Alaina or get enough viewer votes to keep her in the competition.
Rodriquez, from some views looked very much like a young Jennifer Lopez. The contestant also told the media her dream duet partner would be Marc Anthony who just happens to be married to the American Idol judge.
I originally blogged about Karen showcasing natural curls during her earlier appearances. As the American Idol season progressed Karen's hair became straighter and sleeker.
For her final performance before being send home she wore her hair parted down the middle with bone straight panels of lush shiny strands extending down towards her waist.
Hair How To:
If your natural hair isn't long enough you can "cheat" with clip-in extensions sections or a clip-in hair extension cap. Of course you can also play with long straight wigs.
Step By Step Instructions
If you own hair is long enough follow the steps below to re-create Karen's American hairstyle"
1. Cleanse hair with desired products. If you prefer you can follow a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), Conditioner Wash Conditioner (CWC), Water Only (WO) or similar method.
2. Detangle hair in shower with fingers or wide tooth comb while conditioner is still on hair. Work from the ends up to the roots. Finish with a cool/cold wash to add natural shine.
3. After final rinse use fingers to gently squeeze out excess moisture. Towel blot and apply leave-in styling cocktail including a straightening balm and/or anti-frisant.
4. Create center or desired part. Separate hair into 2' sections. Use a 100% board bristle paddle style brush or similar with blow dryer and direct air blow down from the roots to ends to smooth cuticle and add shine. Work around the head in sections until hair is 100% dry.
5. Use a medium sized flat iron and run it from roots to ends working in sections.
6. Apply a drop or two of shine serum or spray into the palms of your hands and massage well. Swipe palms over the top of your hair to seal from moisture and add shimmer.
For a different look pull straightened hair into a hair ponytail or backcomb and pin into a half moon top knot bun.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.