Amy Spanger is a talented theatre performer who also happens to have a gorgeous, short blonde bob. Amy is currently performing in the hot new Broadway musical, The Wedding Singer.
Although Amy wears a longer "big blonde hair" wig for her role as Julia's (the female lead played by actress) best friend Holly, the Broadway Beauty has received lots of attention for her for short hair styles over the past few years.
If you are not a theatre buff you may not recognize Amy easily. Write down her name. Amy Spanger is a spectacular performer that is on the rise.
Some of her former performances in Rent and Chicago (Roxie Hart). Her work as the "best friend" in The Wedding Singer is winning raves.
Ironically Amy's voice has a guest role in the sensational Off-Broadway play with the odd name - "title of show".
Although Amy does not show up for "title of show" her voice is played via an answering machine along with the likes of Victoria Clark, three-time Tony nominee Marin Mazzie, Emily Skinner (Side Show) and Kerry Butler ("Hairspray" and "Little Shop"). The answering machine filled with the Broadway star's voices is used as a bridge in the show about creating a Broadway musical.
Amy traditionally is coiffed in a sassy short bob style (shown above) with skillfully scissor cut side-swept bangs which perfectly spotlight her expressive eyes. Amy has a face shape that is mostly square with just a touch of roundness. Her jaw and chin are strong but elegant.
Her short bob is skillfully layered so that the side strands gently flow around her cheekbones, giving balance to her entire look. I am dying to know Amy's hair colorist since her highlights are truly a blonde work of art.
Amy's short bob style, which extends just about her shoulders appears to have some razoring around the perimeter which results in a very slight flicking of some of the ends.
This style is perfect for hair that is medium to thick. Tresses that are straight or have some natural texture can also adopt this style with great results.
Steal Amy Spanger's Short Bob
Follow the special Step By Step Instructions below to steal Amy's gorgeous short blonde bob:
1. To duplicate Amy's sleek short bob hairstyle start with a precision layered cut that incorporates a sweep of side-swept bangs and lots of volume around the crown.
2. Shampoo hair with a product designed to address your hair's special needs.
If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, select a shampoo that supports those treatments. If you prefer, use a dilution formula or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
3. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin or fine).
4. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine.
7. Blow dry hair using a medium sized boar bristle brush with a blow dryer. If hair is naturally curly or wavy, apply a straightening balm like Phytodefrisant or similar to damp strands. Use a boar's head style paddle brush and separate hair into individual sections.
Note: For detailed tips on how to blow dry hair perfectly straight read Celebrity Hairdresser's Tips: Blow Drying Your Hair
8. When hair is completely dry, use a medium barrel curling iron working on 1-2" sections around the head to define loose curls and waves.
9. Let newly created waves cool completely.
10. Spray entire head with a firm holding spray.
11. To get more pronounced fullness around the crown back comb slightly. Work from side to side focusing special attention on the root and crown areas.
12. After hair has the desired fullness spray the entire head with another spritz of firm hold hair spray like PhytoPro Strong Finishing Spray or similar.
13. Use a boar's bristle brush or your fingers to direct all of the hair, except for the front fringe, away from your face towards the back of the head. The hair on either side should be softly tucked halfway behind each ear.
14. Finish by lightly backcombing the front fringe area so that it forms a sultry sweep across the forehead. Swipe a tiny bit of shine drops, spray or pomade across the top of the fringe and over the back of the crown.
Finish by adding any desired hair accessories such as skinny jeweled headbands or tiny jeweled bobbies or hair clips.
Amy has a classic great short hair style. If you want to see this short haired beauty who also happens to be a great actress, performer and songbird, go see her in The Wedding Singer at the famous Al Hirschfeld Theatre . Click the link below to buy tickets to the show.
If you can't make it to Broadway but would love to hear Amy, the CD of the show will be available.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 05/25/10
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.