You made the commitment to change your body and worked hard to achieve your goal weight. So what’s next? How about a hair and beauty makeover that accentuates the fabulous new you? (Photo copyright Clairol Professional - Fall 2002 - Andre Viveiros, colorist at Julien Farel Salon).
A sensual new hourglass shape should be enhanced with a sleek do. Look at some of the curvy celebrity beauties like Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez for inspiration. Both women have classic hourglass figures and compliment their shapely bodies with sleek, soft hairlines. Both Jennifer and Jessica favor shoulder length or longer locks. This helps provide the look of a sleek long line. A soft cascade of small curls or waves over a shapely body is a fabulous look.
Investing in a hot new style could definitely enhance a newly slenderized face and shape. A beautiful new coif can turn heads giving you the opportunity to use your hair to make a statement about your style and your personality. Never fear, a new do doesn’t have to be dangerous or involve scary changes like a serious cut. (Photo copyright Clairol Professional - Fall 2002 - Andre Viveiros, colorist at Julien Farel Salon).
A talented hair professional can use a variety of tools to make subtle changes that pack a major punch. A series of soft highlights or lowlights can open up your face, draw attention to your beautiful eyes or focus on your nicely chiseled cheekbones. Properly cut bangs and texturized hair can also magnify your eyes and give you instant chiseled cheekbones.
Ask your stylist to help you attain a harmonious balance between your hair and your face and body shapes. Request a style that flatters but is also easy to care for on a daily basis. Remember, the more sleek and simple the hairstyle, the sexier it can be. (Photo copyright Clairol Professional - Fall 2002 - Andre Viveiros, colorist at Julien Farel Salon).
Some additional hair dos and don’ts include:
1. Do find a stylist that you trust and connect with. Make an appointment for a consultation only. Discuss some hair styling options and weigh alternatives with your stylist. Take your time making any final decisions about new hair directions. If you want radical changes consider making them in stages.
2. Do know that there is no right hair length. Wear your hair at a length that creates a graceful silhouette with your body, head, neck, shoulders and face. If you have a length preference, ask your stylist to help you find the best style within that range.
3. Do work with a colorist if you want to make hue changes. While the right highlights and lowlights can lighten and brighten, too much color or the wrong shades can clash with your natural skin tone. A talented professional colorist can achieve a fabulous new look that compliments your eye and skin shades.
4. Do color your hair at home if you prefer. Make sure to select a color that is soft, natural and flattering to you. When in doubt, select temporary shades that allow you to experiment but wash out after a few shampoo treatments.
5. Don’t try to wear your hair in a style that isn’t compatible with your hair texture and type. Keep in mind that styles that work for curly girls may be all wrong for stick straight locks and vice versa.
6. Don’t accept a new style without making sure you understand how to re-create the look at home. A great new style is worthless if you don’t understand how to duplicate the look by yourself.
Enjoy the fact that you have worked hard to evolve your body and face into a new shape you are proud of. Make the time to change your hair to celebrate. Any while you’re busy creating your new do, don’t forget to update to your make-up and jewelry.
Stand back and let the compliments flow.