Mischa Barton has left the building but never fear, her reign as the beautiful but spoiled and pouty Marissa Cooper role has been basically passed on to top model Willa Holland (June 18, 1991) who plays her younger sister Kaitlin Cooper.
In case you don't know who Willa Joanna Chance Holland is, she is a world class top model who has been modeling since she was a mere child.
From the ages of 7 to 11 years old she was considered the top child model in the United States.
Current represented by Ford Models, the gorgeous 5' 7" brunette is the step-daughter of famous director Brian De Palma who helped introduce Willa into the entertainment and modeling biz when she was still a child.
Willa has appeared in commercials for The Gap, Guess, Abercombie & Fitch and Ralph Lauren. The middle sister of three sisters, she has turned her talents to the world of acting assuming the role of Mischa's younger sister on the Fox hit.
Steal Willa's Hairstyle
The key to stealing 15 year old Willa's hair style is to start with a similar length of hair and cut. Print out a photo of Willa and take it to your hairdresser to duplicate.
This style is ideal for shoulder length or longer strands.
Willa's current style is based on very long graduated layers that extend slightly at the back of her head to provide overall balance.
Willa's hair length extends to the middle of her back. Her hair appears to be naturally straight with medium to fine texture.
She usually wears it long and straight with just a hint of soft waves interlaced throughout the edges of the style.
Willa wears her shiny chocolate brown tresses cascading from a side part that directs part of her strands into a side-swept fringe that caresses her forehead and gently sweeps across the top of her cheek right below her ear on one side.
The O.C. star's hair style can be optionally worn with or without a fringe.
She appears to have a mixed face shape best described as a cross between oval and heart shaped since her cheeks are wider than her chin. It could be argued that Willa's face shape is more square than heart although a lot depends on how she wears her hair.
Step By Step Instructions
Utilizing a part with the sweeping panel of hair along the side of her face definitely softens her shape providing the illusion of an oval, which is ideal.
Willa's current chocolate brown appears to have subtle highlights and lowlights providing lots of dimension and a brilliant shine.
Follow the steps to steal Willa's shimmering style which can be best described as long, lush and straight with a very slight hint of wave and movement on the ends:
1. Shampoo and condition hair with products created for your hair texture, type and current condition. If your strands are naturally straight, fine or thin (as Willa's appear to be) and you desire lots of volume, be sure to use volume enhancing products to help amp up your strands.
Note: A great hair care line used by many celebrities is Paves Professional line (Ken Paves is Jessica Simpson's hairdresser).
2. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
3. Towel blot - do not rub - hair with an absorbent towel.
4. Depending on your natural hair texture, type and condition apply a moisturizing heat protecting conditioner or a product cocktail which includes a leave-in conditioner and/or defrisant product along with a straightening balm (if your hair is wavy or curly) or a styling mousse (if you desire some natural bend and texture for straight hair).
It's your option to work with one, two or all three products or select only those that your hair might require to create either shimmering straight strands or tresses with a little more fullness and texture.
Note: Celebrity hairdresser Ken Paves always uses his Paves Professional Red Carpet Styling Mousse on all of his celebrities when creating tresses that contain soft texture such as waves.
5. Gently detangle hair from ends up to roots using a "hair friendly" comb or your fingers.
Use your comb to create the desired part and direct any hair to the side which you desire to wear across the forehead like Willa.
6. Separate the remaining hair into individual 2" sections.
7. If you prefer your hair to be straight, use a Boar's head flat or paddle brush and use the brush to anchor the ends of each section and direct the air down the shaft to achieve straight strands.
If you desire more volume start at the back of your head using a round Boar's head or similar style brush to build in volume for each of the individual strands while directing the air flow of a blow dryer down the shaft from roots to ends.
Continue to blow dry until each section is 100% dry.
8. Once hair is 100% dry if you prefer the style to be straight, gently run a hot flat iron through all the strands for a few seconds to achieve perfect straightness and lock in shine.
9. If you prefer to add curl or wave definition, use a small barrel curling iron to create random curls and then use fingers to merge into the rest of the waves.
Lightly fingerpick the waves along the sides of your head.
10. Apply one or two drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and distribute well. Lightly brush your hands over the top of your newly finished style.
For an optional look you can create some soft volume along the crown extending from the hairline to the back of the head while pulling the rest of the strands up into a high twist.
This volume can be created by simply back combing the desired section or by using a volume enhancing spray or similar product when blow drying the style.
Ken and Jessica Simpson developed a spectacular line of clip-in hair that can transform your hair in a matter of minutes with no permanent changes.
Willa also rocks in a high flirty ponytail. The possibilities and style options are endless. Let your imagination guide you to new hair style heights.
What's next for the sultry brunette? Although some critics have claimed that The O.C. is on its last legs many believe Willa Holland can bring an entirely new fan base for her role as the devastated little sister to the suddenly deceased bigger sister Marissa.
Since anything is possible in the world of television and the Fox show has a very loyal following to build upon, it is definitely a strong possibility that Willa Holland will breathe new life into the Cooper family.
Regardless, her gorgeous long brown tresses is sure to spawn tons of admirers.
|Send this page to a friend..|