Create soft sensuous curls with a hint of a twist for a night on the town or any other dressy hair event.
This hairstyle works well for most hair types except super thick or short hair.
Ideally your hair should be shoulder length or longer to achieve the flirtatious cascading effect shown above.
If your face is square or oblong you may want to steer clear of a straight center part opting for a side part or a zig zag part. If you prefer, you can add some bangs to soften your features.
This style works better on hair which is not freshly shampooed.
When hair is aged at least one day it will be easier to manage and control. If you prefer cleanly washed hair, be sure to shampoo as far in advance of a big hair event as possible.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Carefully brush hair to smooth and detangle.
2. Using the pointed end of a comb or brush make a center part from the forehead back to the top of the crown. If your face is square or angular you may prefer to make a side or alternative part. You may also wish to create bangs.
3. After you've created the appropriate part brush the hair on either side of your face into a sleek high ponytail. Remember to use a "hair friendly" elastic coated band to hold each ponytail.
4. Once you've created each individual ponytail, focus on one at a time to create curls and twists.
5. Starting near the bottom of the first ponytail, select an individual strand that is approximately 1/2 inch in diameter.
7. Use a 1/4 to 1/2 inch barrelled curling iron to create a spiral curl. Hold the curl in place for a few seconds, release and carefully pin into place onto your hair. You can pin the curls so they are tightly coiled against your head or you can pin them so that part of the spiral cascades down from your head. Play with a variety of pinned looks until you get the effect you like best.
8. Repeat this process until all the strands in the first ponytail have been curled and pinned around your head.
9. Use a good shaping or hairspray to set the look. Add hair snaps, magnets, hair jewels or glitter to dress up the style appropriately.
10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 on the second ponytail. Continue to curl and pin until you have the desired effect.
If you prefer a softer look consider using hot curlers or setting your hair the old fashioned way with rollers the night before your big event.
Remember to practice creating this look at least twice before you take it to the ball. Practice will help you streamline the process and learn ways to work with your hair to get the style that is perfect for you.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated.
We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 01/14/11