Hairstyles designed to be worn on the fashion catwalks around the world often make their way to the Red Carpets and then to the fashion forward.
At the Fall 2011 Badgley Mischka Show at New York Fashion Week the hair experts for Moroccanoil designed a series of fearlessly glamourous hairstyles and updos to work in harmony with the gorgeous designs.
Moroccanoil hair stylist Peter Gray was the creative genius behind the stunning hair designs which highlighted sensuous hair lines.
Gray created a modern take on asymmetrical hair rolls which featured strong and sexy rope twists on the opposite side.
The Hair Look
Classic Hollywood parties and films of the 40s and 50s such as "All About Eve", "The Women" and "Dark Victory" were the ultimate inspiration for the hair roll collection.
The hair collection also celebrated the strength and sophistication of iconic leading ladies of those historic times including Bette Davis.
Hairstylist Gray noted "I had an image of a young Catherine Deneuve in "The Hunger" in mind when I designed these looks." He said my vision was "Confident, sophisticated, and passionate - hair that was the epitome of glamour with the perfect touch of soft, disheveled strands."
The creative designs featured hair sleeked close to the head and rope twisted back on one side with a full asymmetrical roll starting at the opposite temple area-- all combining in a unique, off center, spiral-rolled chignon at the nape of the neck.
The separate sides of the hairstyle were balanced with a long strip of crystals placed directly onto the smooth diagonal side."
Step By Step - How To Create Asymmetric Hair Rolls
Gray explained the steps he followed to create the stunning asymmetric hair roll hairstyle featured in this article.
1. Start by making a low part on one side of the head from the temple to the nape and then smooth hair back on one side.
2. Rope twist the side following the hair line and back to the nape of the neck.
3. Blow dry the straight hair on the opposite side using Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream with a Moroccanoil flat paddle brush to give the hair a smooth, shiny texture, and soft hold.
4. Spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray closely on each section to help bring the ends together and reduce fluffiness.
5. Use a 1″ curling iron to create a roller set. Roll curls upward instead of down to take the volume of the hair.
6. Let the reverse hair rolls cool for a few minutes to better hold the shape.
7. After brushing hair out, start creating the hair roll.
8. Backcomb the hair. Form an asymmetric French Twist from the front temple all the way to the nape.
9. Pull the hair together and unify it on each side. Fasten it together in a double ponytail and roll them into an asymmetric chignon.
For a final touch use Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on the sleek side to emphasize a smooth, shiny, and modern texture.
To complete this amazing hairstyle Gray lightly brushed the surface of the hair of the full roll on the opposite side to free a few soft, disheveled strands and soften the look.
Everything was kept in place by Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 05/06/11