Donna Mills (Donna Jean Miller) was born, according to IMDB on December 11, 1940 in Chicago, Illinois. Wikipedia lists the actual year as 1942.
Not that it makes any difference. The celebrated actress is stunning regardless of her age.
Donna first gained attention for her role as Laura Donnelly on the now defunct soap opera Love Is A Many Splendored Thing.
In her role on the soap she played a very sweet and somewhat naive ex-nun. From that role she made a popular movie, Play Misty For Me with Clint Eastwood.
Although Donna starred in many TV movies and films, she is best known as vixen Abby Fairgate Cunningham Ewing Summer on the hit TV shows, Knots Landing from 1980 to 1989.
When Donna was reigning as the conniving Abby on Knots Landing she was a fan favorite for her lush blonde locks as well as her stunning fashion selections.
Although Donna, a resident of LA for over 30 years, continues to act, she has also done time behind the camera as a director and producer.
Donna is the executive producer of her own production company and in that role she has sponsored and starred in many TV movies exploring a variety of social issues. A respected activist for women's reproductive rights and the environment, she is also committed to a group of charities that she supports.
Steal Donna's Hair Style
Donna's style is a classic hairstyle which she has worn with variations for the past few years. The style is ideally suited to Donna's oval face shape, skin and eye tone.
The key to Donna's look is to create an off-center part starting at the hairline while directing a section of hair up and over the top of the head creating instant lift and volume.
Donna alternates between wearing a soft side swept fringe that plays across her beautiful forehead and smoothing all her tresses off her face.
Her hair style can be optionally worn with or without a fringe or a variety of parts.
Donna's tresses extend to slightly below her chin but just above her shoulders.
Depending on which person you talk to this length could be described as medium length. Her hair appears to be have a naturally coarse texture which might mean natural waves or curls.
To copy Donna's style take photos of her to your hairdresser and discuss your options. Keep in mind that not all hair types and textures would necessarily work as well with Donna's style.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow the steps to steal Donna's chic bob style which she wears sleek and straight with lots of body and movement:
1. Shampoo and condition hair with products created for your hair texture, type and current condition. If your strands are naturally straight, fine or thin and you desire lots of volume, be sure to use volume enhancing products to help amp up your strands.
Note: A great hair care line used by many celebrities is Paves Professional line (Ken Paves is Jessica Simpson's hairdresser).
2. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
3. Towel blot - do not rub - hair with an absorbent towel.
Note: If you wish to add volume products, apply a volumizing spray, lotion of similar product to your roots. Finger pick and massage the volumizing products through the root area.
4. Depending on your natural hair texture, type and condition apply a moisturizing heat protecting conditioner or a product cocktail which includes a leave-in conditioner and/or defrisant product along with a straightening balm (if your hair is wavy or curly) or a styling mousse (if you desire some natural bend and texture for straight hair).
It's your option to work with one, two or all three products or select only those that your hair might require to create either shimmering straight strands or tresses with a little more fullness and texture.
Depending on which hairdresser you talk to they will tell you to mix the cocktail of products in your hands and apply to your hair or apply directly to your hair and bypass your hands. Follow your own instincts and do what works best for you and your hair.
5. Gently detangle hair from ends up to roots using a "hair friendly" comb or your fingers.
6. Create the desired side part extending from the hairline like Donna's style. This allows you to focus on creating volume along the part and directing the hair over and across.
7. Separate the remaining strands into individual 1 1/2" to 2" sections.
Although Donna wears her hair straight, it has root lift with soft volume and movement throughout the strands.
Keep in mind the larger the diameter of the brush, the bigger the volume.
Work from the ends of the hair up and direct the blow dryer airflow down the hair shaft from the roots to the ends in the direction the hair grows.
For more control use a blow dryer with a concentrator or similar nozzle attachment.
8. Continue to blow dry until each section is 100% dry.
9. Once hair is 100% dry if you prefer the style to be straighter, gently run a hot flat iron through all the strands for a few seconds to achieve perfect straightness and lock in shine.
10. If you prefer to add texture, use a small barrel curling iron to create random curls or waves at the ends of the tresses. Use fingers to arrange.
11. Apply one or two drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and distribute well. Lightly brush your hands over the top of your newly finished style.
The beauty of Donna's classic cut is that it provides great styling options for either formal or casual events while being fairly easy to maintain, which explains why Donna looks so gorgeous.
For an optional look you can alter the part from side to center. You can also create more volume along the crown extending from the hairline to the back of the head.
This volume can be created by simply back combing the desired section or by using a volume enhancing spray or similar product when blow drying the style.
Donna also rocks with her hair arranged in a slightly off-center part (shown to the side) with her slightly waved at the ends and then arranged so that the ends snuggle around her neck.
Donna would also look lovely with her hair worn in a soft and loose side pony or a soft nape neck twist.
Donna Mills stays incredibly busy. Although a very private person, she has appeared in public with her beloved adopted daughter Chloe. She also continues to act although a lot of her work in the industry is behind the camera.
|Send this page to a friend..|