The sassy star of the current London production of Chicago recently popped back across the pond to participate in the 10th Anniversary Broadway celebration of the beloved musical.
The special gala performance of Chicago brought out a parade of stars who had appeared in the show during the last decade including Ashlee Simpson.
Ashlee is famous for many things besides her celebrated family connections or access to Ken Paves - the amazing reigning king of celebrity hairdressing who she appeared with at the Genetic Denim Anniversary Party on November 9th.
The gorgeous super star is also exalted for her constant changing appearance.
Indeed, Ashlee's reputation for appearing up with a completely different hairstyle was preserved on November 14th when she arrived at the New York Celebration of Chicago.
Coiffed to perfection in a very cute chin length bobbed hair style Ashlee's tresses were in perfect harmony with her stunning necklace and black lacy A line above-the-knees sexy gown.
Ashlee's Broadway Bob
In classic saucy Ashlee style, the front of her style was held back off her face with a simple black unadorned bobby pin.
Ashlee actually appeared to channel Roxie Hart, the character she has brought to life on the London stage with panache.
Ironically, Ashlee's hair style for the Genetic Denim's party was very different.
For her November 9th appearance she wore her medium golden blonde tresses in a long softly waved style with a deep side part and a full side-swept fringe.
Although Ashlee's hair color has changed drastically since the beginning of 2006 from a very white platinum blonde to her recent golden blonde her hair color for the Broadway celebration had rich honey overtones bordering on red.
Steal Ashlee's Hairstyle - Step By Step Instructions
The key to copying Ashlee's darling Broadway Bob is to start with a similar hair cut. Print out a photo of Ashlee and take it to your hairdresser to duplicate.
Ashlee's current style is based on a basic bob that has layers that gradually extend a little longer at the back of her head to provide balance. The style can be optionally worn with or without a fringe.
Follow the steps below to steal Ashlee's stellar Broadway Bob:
1. Shampoo and condition hair with products created for your hair texture, type and current condition. If your strands are naturally fine or thin and you desire lots of volume, be sure to use volume enhancing products to help amp up your strands.
Note: It has been reported that Ashlee uses Ken Paves' entire Paves Professional line of her tresses with great results.
2. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
3. Towel blot - do not rub - hair with an absorbent towel.
4. Depending on your hair texture, type and condition apply a moisturizing heat protecting conditioner or a cocktail which includes a leave-in conditioner and/or defrisant product along with a styling mousse. It's your option to work with all three types of products or select only those that your hair might require to create fullness and movement.
Note: Ken Paves always uses his Paves Professional Red Carpet Styling Mousse on Ashlee's hair.
5. Gently detangle hair from ends up to roots using a "hair friendly" comb or your fingers.
6. Separate hair into individual 2" strands.
7. Start at the back of your head using a round Boar's head or similar style brush to build in volume for each of the individual strands while directing the air flow of a blow dryer down the shaft from roots to ends.
Continue to blow dry until each section is 100% dry.
8. Once hair is 100% dry, separate into 2-3" strands and roll entire head of hair with hot rollers.
9. Allow the newly created curls to completely cool before removing hot rollers once at a time. Spray the newly created curls with a hair spray.
10. Use a boar's head brush and lightly brush the curls into a finished style. With a long tail comb create a side part directly off the hairline. Use fingers to arrange waves and curls.
11. For added curl and wave definition, use a small barrel curling iron to create random curls and then use fingers to merge into the rest of the waves.
12. Apply one or two drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and distribute well. Lightly brush your hands over the top of your newly finished style.
For an optional look you can create some soft volume along the crown extending from the hairline to the back of the head. This volume can be created by simply back combing the desired section or by using a volume enhancing spray or similar product when blow drying the style.
Another option is to instantly change your hair length, color and style with one of Ken Paves' HairDo options from HairUWear. Ken and Ashlee's big sis developed a spectacular line of clip-in hair that can transform your hair in a matter of minutes with no permanent changes.
Ashlee Simpson doesn't kiss and tell about her private life or even her ever changing hairstyles. She prescribes to the current fashion trend of wearing hair as the ultimate accessory and she does it with class and style and a little help from her amazing hairdresser Ken Paves. Roxie Hart would be proud.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication: 11/15/06 - Revised Publication Date: 03/14/10
|Send this page to a friend..|