Julia Roberts is known for her spectacular naturally curly auburn hued tresses which she showcased in her big hit - Pretty Woman.
Note: Visit Emma's Celebrity Hairstyle Gallery
Emma Roberts made her acting debut at the tender age of nine in the controversial film Blow.
She played the lead character in the Nickelodeon TV series Unfabulous. Emma also had a major role in Aquamarine, released in 2006 about a mermaid stranded in a local motel swimming pool.
Although Emma is only seventeen she has already been making waves with her various acting and performing talents. She is also a very busy girl.
In 2007 Emma took on the beloved character Nancy Drew in the eponymous film directed by Andrew Fleming. Although a Nancy Drew sequel is in the works although no detailed information has been released regarding dates.
Emma co-starred with Alec Baldwin of TV's 30 Rock in the Indie movie, Lymelife which premiered at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2008 and will soon be released in the United States.
The sizzling young actress and comedian Norm MacDonald filmed The Flight Before Christmas set to be released at the end of October, 2008.
Emma took on a completely different character in the movie Wild Child which is about a rebellious teen from California sent to London to live in a boarding school. Wild Child finished production in 2007 and is scheduled to be released in the United States in late 2008.
Her starring role in Hotel for Dogs, a film based on the novel by Lois Duncan is scheduled to hit theatres in January of 2009.
Emma and Nancy Drew director Andrew Fleming are also working together on Rodeo Gal which does not yet have a current release day.
She will be featured in the future James Strouse high school comedy, The Winning Season alongside Sam Rockwell and Rob Corddry.
Besides her acting roles Emma recorded an album which was released in 2005 and titled Unfabulous and More.
Steal Emma's Loose Waves
As Emma's success as an actress has grown you can bet she has attracted the interest of some of Hollywood's best hairdressers who are excited for the opportunity to work with the budding beauty.
When it comes to her hair, Emma has developed her own signature style which is always stunning. She knows how to get the most from her hair by amping up its gorgeous shine and matching her styles with the events she's attending.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Emma and her celebrity hairdressers utilize PutOnPieces to give the star more volume, movement and sass to her strands.
Emma appears to be partial to wearing some form of a fringe.
Depending on your face shape, hair texture and type, work with your stylist to select whether you should go with bangs or no bangs.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow the steps listed below to steal Emma's sassy waves:
1. To duplicate Emma's soft hair waves, shampoo hair with a product designed to address your hair's special needs.
Note: One to try - Ken Paves gentle moisturizing Healthy Hair Daily Shampoo.
If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, select a shampoo that supports those treatments. If you prefer, use a dilution formula or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
2. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin or fine).
Note: One to try - Ken Paves Healthy Hair DailyConditioner.
If you wish to amp up your hair color like Emma, use 1-2 pumps of Ken Paves Boost Up color with your daily conditioning rinse. Select from a variety of colors from Black to Platinum depending on your current hair hue.
3. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine,
4. Towel blot and apply very light cocktail of desired leave-in detangler, conditioner or styling products (firm holding mousse or gel). Ken Paves Boost Up color can also be added to your leave-in or other styling products for extra color oomp.
6. Separate hair into individual strands. Working from side to side around the entire head blow dry hair with blow dryer with long finger diffuser.
Note: One to try: Ken Paves Healthy Hair Curl Balm.
7. Once each section of hair is dry, clip or pin the newly formed waves into a twisted ringlet pattern against your scalp and continue drying the next section.
8. When hair is completely dry and pinned against the scalp, spray entire the entire head with a firm holding spray like PhytoPro Strong Finishing Spray or Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shaping Finishing Spray. Allow spray to dry completely before removing pins or clips.
9. Right before leaving the house unpin all the hair sections and use fingers to tousle waves. Use a medium barrel curling iron to touch up any disconnected wave sections.
10. Finish with a swipe of Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shine Serum. Apply one drop of the Shine Serum to the palms of your hands, rub together and then lightly brush over the top of your gorgeous new soft waves.
Top off your lush waves with a crystal encrusted headband, barrette or flower encrusted clip.
Scale them to work with the length and size of the finished spiked hairstyle.
Emma is making her own name for herself and wants the world to know she "a special Roberts too". All of her life Emma has been compared to her Aunt Julia.
While she and her Oscar winning aunt are close, Emma wants to step out from under her aunt's shadow and show off her own unique acting talents.
When asked about her aunt by USA Today in 2005 Emma said "I think we both have the same smile, but I don't think I look like her at all."
With all the new movies coming out starring the hard working Emma it's no doubt that fans will stop comparing the beautiful young star.
Note: If you would love to try the Ken Paves Healthy Hair products check out his convenient Healthy Hair Try Me Kit which includes 2 oz of the daily shampoo, conditioner, shine serum and shaping hair spray. All Ken Paves Healthy Hair products are available at the HairBoutique.com Marketplace.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 05/22/10
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.