How To Copy Demi Moore's Hairstyle
Demi Moore has rocked a wide range of hairstyles ranging from her shaved head in G.I. Jane to her long luscious raven black strands in Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle (2003) to her recent appearance on the Red Carpet on April 8, 2010 for "The Joneses" Los Angeles Premiere
Although Demi sometimes glams up her hair for special Red Carpet events, her tresses are always silky soft and full of movement and shine.
Whether you wish to copy Demi's rich brunette hair or rock some other hair hue, you can copy her basic hairstyle even if you have short or medium strands.
Follow the steps below to copy Demi Moore's Exact Hairstyle
Demi has medium thick tresses which she wears long and lush with just a slight curl, wave or bend around the perimeter of her hairstyle.
If your hair is naturally curly, kinky or wavy and you wish to exactly copy Demi's hair, you will need to plan to temporarily straighten it with a brush, blow dryer and flat iron. Or you may wish to investigate a relaxer, Keratin smoothing or straightening treatment.
You will also need to take the following steps:
1. Print out several images of Demi's hair so you can show it to your professional hair colorist. Have your hair colored to Demi's deep dark brunette shade. It's important to keep in mind that depending on your natural base color, you may or may not be able to get a perfect hair color match.
2. If you wish to copy Demi's hair exactly, after having your own hair colored a rich brunette hue, have matching semi-permanent hair extensions colored to match before having them applied. If you prefer you can opt for clip-in temporary extensions.
It's important to utilize professional hair services whenever possible. Demi's hair is always spectacular and obviously of the highest quality. Inferior color or extensions will definitely not cut it when copying Demi's hair.
Demi Moore's Long Lush Hairstyle - How To Style
Follow the steps below to re-create Nicole's gorgeous hairstyle.
1. Cleanse your hair according to your normal routine (Diluted Shampoo, Water Only, Conditioner Only). For added fullness use a volumizing shampoo.
2. Rinse well and apply rinse-out conditioner appropriate to your hair length, type, texture and condition. Unless required, avoid applying conditioner right at the roots.
3. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse which adds natural shine and closes the hair cuticle.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Styling products work best when applied to damp but not dripping strands.
5. Apply styling cocktail including a volumizing product to pump up roots. If your hair tends to frizz include an anti-defrisant product to the cocktail. Detangle from ends to roots.
6. Create desired part with tail comb and separate hair into 2 inch sections. Work around the head using a boar bristle round brush in combination with a blow drier with a concentrator nozzle.
7. Once each strand is dry, roll into large barrel curl with your fingers and pin against the scalp. This allows hair to set as it cools creating loose body and a hint of perimeter texture.
Note: To add volume to the roots, pull each strand up with your fingers and direct air flow from the ends to the roots. This will build in more fullness.
8. When hair has been completely dried, pinned and cooled, unpin barrel curls right before leaving the house. Bend over at the waist and gently shake curls loose. Arrange hair with fingers. Gently tug the strands to loosen. Touch up any desired sections with a large barrel curling iron.
9. Finish with a shine enhancing hairspray or with a swipe of shine serum first applied to the palms of your hands and glossed over the top of your hair.
Optionally instead of pinning newly dried hair into barrel curls achieve a more defined curl by utilizing hot rollers. Remember the larger the roller, the larger the curl. The smaller the curler, the tighter the finished ringlet. With hot rollers, size definitely matters.
Demi Moore is famous for many things including her gorgeous silky brunette strands which only seem to get glossier with each and every passing year.
Demi Moore has access to all the best professional hair stylists in Hollywood but with some planning, the right products and some practice, anyone can copy her long lush hairstyle.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments.
They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 2/08/2005 - Revised Publication Date: 2/08/2005
|Send this page to a friend..|
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: