|Revised Date: 11/21/12
Khloé Alexandra Kardashian-Odom (born June 27, 1984) in my humble opinion is one of the best additions to Fox/TV's second season of The X Factor.
Besides her spectacular long lush hairstyles and stunning fashions,
Khloéshows sincere compassion for The X Factor contestants. She's a natural as the reality TV show's co-host with Mario Lopez.
Sculpted Hair Curls - Crown Positioned Updo
On a recent edition
Khloéshowcased a beautiful updo positioned at the top of her crown, consisting of a series of tight barrel curls.
The sculpted hair curls formed an elegant knot which was the perfect complement to her stunning gown, make-up and accessories.
Since making her first appearance on the live Fox/TV telecast,
Khloé, who traditionally wears her chocolate brown hair long and lush, has rocked a series of picture perfect hairstyles.
This article provides step by step details on the spectacular
KhloéKardashian Odom Updo HowTo
Khloé's stunning barrel curled updohairstyle can be customized to work with just about any face shape, hair type or texture.
You can wear it like Ms. Odom without a fringe or part, of customize a fringe which flatters your face.
This updo hairstyle would work well for hair which is naturally straight or has been permanently or temporarily straightened. This style is ideal for hair which is medium in thickness.
Appropriate Hair Thickness
The key to this curl enhanced hair design is to have enough hair thickness to allow for a series of thickly rolled curls to cluster in a circular design.
To add strategically placed volume, fullness and length you may wish to play with clip-in hair extensions or fusion extensions.
It's rumored that
Khloé'and her sisters often wear a variety of hair extensions for their various appearances.
Step By Step Hair Style Instructions
Follow the steps below to re-create
Khloé's updo hairstyle:
1. Start by cleansing your detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
You may prefer to utilize an alternative cleansing method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash, (COW), Water Only (WO) or Low Poo.
2. After cleansing, rinse hair well. Apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the product on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
3. For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
4. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. Many stars are huge fans of Phytodefrisant.
6. For fullness, lift and volume throughout the crown, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
7. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round or paddle brush.
Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots. Use the brush to turn the ends under around the edges and slightly in towards the neck as you dry.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
8. When hair is completely dry you may opt to touch up the strands with a straightening iron to achieve sleeker panels of hair.
You may prefer to use a curling iron (or hot rollers) to turn under the ends or add more volume and lift to the crown area.
Creating Updo - HowTo
1. Using your hands in conjunction with a comb or brush, gather a small section of hair approximately 4 inches in thickness at the top of the crown in the back section.
2. Hold the ends of the new section straight out from the scalp with one hand. Use a fine-toothed comb or small brush with the other hand to backcomb and/or back brush the hair towards the base in sharp sweeping strokes.
3. With the other hand, run the comb and/or brush down the length of the hair from the end towards the scalp in short sharp strokes.
Continue to backcomb and/or back brush the section until the desired volume is achieved. Spray this newly teased section with a firm hold hairspray.
Once the first section is completely teased, pick up the next section of hair and repeat the process until all of the back hair has been completely backcombed.
Use a firm hairspray to completely spray all of the teased hair.
4. Using both hands carefully smooth the teased hair making sure there is a lot of height at the crown.
Note: Backcombing should only be done for special events since the teasing of tresses can be stressful or potentially damaging for the ends.
Make A Base Ponytail At Crown - Add Curls
1. Using your hands in conjunction with a brush, direct al of the hair smoothly back from the hairline.
2. Gather the back section of hair up into a mid-back ponytail making sure the top section of the crown is pushed up to maintain maximum fullness and volume.
3. Secure the ponytail with a “hair friendly” Blax, Bungee or other elastic band. The gathered base of the ponytail should rest approximately 6-8" up from the base of the head right at or a little in front of the crown.
4. Position bobby pins in the same hue as the hair around the outside of the base to act as an anchor for future barrel curls.
5. Starting at the top of the ponytail near the base, lift a 2-4” thick strand of hair from the newly formed ponytail. Clip the rest of the ponytail temporarily out of the way.
6. Using your fingers or a round brush, carefully form a smooth barrel curl around the base of your finger.
For extra hold, use a good setting cream, gel. spray or similar, to prepare each section of hair before forming the barrel curl.
To add extra volume to each curled section, use Phytovolume Actif Spray or a similar volume enhancing product and spray each individual section lightly before curling.
7. Position the new barrel curl against the scalp and anchor the curl at the tail section with bobby pins in the same color as the hair.
8. Spray the first curl with firm hold hairspray.
9. Continue to form a series of 2-4” barrel curls that nestle softly into each other in a well-balanced circular formation. The key to this look is uniformity. Strive to make all the curls the same size and tightness.
Note: Ideally the updo should contain 6 to 8 same sized barrel curls. More or less curls can be created by separating the individual strands of hair into small or larger sections.
10. When all the curls are completely formed and arranged, spray well with a strong hold hairspray.
11. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add a shimmering shine.
Although it's not obvious, a few bobby pins or small combs in the same color as
Khloé'shair may be discreetly placed throughout the hair to encourage more strategic volume.
KhloéKardashian Odom dazzles as the co-host on Fox/TV's second season of The X Factor with stellar fashions, flawless make-up and stunning hairstyles.
Khloélooked amazing in an updo hairstyle with an array of beautiful barrel curls nestled elegantly at the crown of her head. It was a classic updo style.
The updo hairstyle was sized perfectly to work in complete harmony with
Khloé's head shape and size. It was also designed to add a touch of height to her already beautiful stature. The updo was the crowing glory to the brunette's picture perfect fashions, accessories and make-up.
Whether you love The X Factor or not, if you love great hairstyles, tune in to see Ms. Odom's latest hair fashions. You won't be disappointed.
Original Publication Date: 11/20/12 - Revised Publication Date: 11/21/12
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links:
Warning: include() [function.include]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 46
Warning: include(http://www.hairboutique.com/content/social_box300.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 46
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.hairboutique.com/content/social_box300.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;C:\inetpub\_includes') in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 46