|Revised Date: 09/14/12 - Original Publication
Brooke, as Jane, has showcased diva bridal hair on two different Drop Dead seasons (Season 2 & Season 4). This article examines her diva bridal hair how to with detailed steps.
Jane Binghum Bridal Dream - Season Two
Brunette attorney Jane Binghum is inhabited by the spirit of Deb, a vivacious svelte beautiful blonde, killed instantly in a surprising car accident.
At the time of her death, Deb was in love with attorney Grayson (Jackson Hurst) and lived with her best friend Stacy (April Bowlby).
As fate would have it, Deb's true love Grayson works at the same law firm with Jane, allowing Deb plenty of opportunity to moon over her lost love. Grayson is unaware that the body of Jane is really Deb at the core.
During Season Two thanks to a lovely dream sequence, Deb as Jane gets to live out her bridal fantasy of marrying the man of her fantasies. Thanks to the assistance of guest star Paula Abdul, Jane is a perfect bride.
Jane Binghum Wedding To Owen - Season Four
After chasing Grayson, her lost love, who literally gets stood up at the altar in Season Three with Jane as his best attendant, Jane decides a relationship with her lost love is futile.
Instead she falls in love with Owen a judge. Ultimately Jane picks Owen and they become engaged to be married.
Meanwhile, Grayson has discovered he's in love with Jane and seconds before Jane is set to walk down the aisle to marry a waiting Owen, she shares a kiss with Grayson just as her future husband enters the room.
Owen literally drops dead of a heart attack on the spot. The plot really thickens as the original spirit of Jane enters the dead body of the groom.
Jane Binghum Bridal Hair How To
In both of Jane's bridal sequences Brooke's hair is coiffed in a sleek, shiny long lush hairstyle.
The chic hairstyle works in perfect harmony for both of the different bridal gowns Jane wears. In both bridal looks Jane wears a long veil. Wearing her hair down is the perfect complement.
One of Jane's trademark fashion statements on Drop Dead Diva is her gorgeous healthy hair which literally shimmers under the camera lights.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow the steps listed below to duplicate Jane's chic shiny bridal hairstyle:
1. To duplicate Jane's bridal hairstyle start by cleansing detangle hair with a product designed to address your hair's special needs in lukewarm water.
If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, select a cleansing product which supports those treatments.
If you prefer, use a dilution formula, low poo, no poo or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
2. Rinse shampoo completely from strands. Use fingers to gently squeeze water from hair. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioner to your hair from mid-shaft down.
You may wish to avoid this step if hair is super thin or fine).
3. After rinse-out conditioner has been applied to your strands, use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle strands from the ends up to the roots. Work slowly since hair is most fragile when damp or wet.
4. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine,
6. For extra control along the bangs or around the face, crown and sides, apply a firm holding hair cream or sculpting gel.
7. Separate hair into individual strands. Working from side to side around the entire head blow dry hair with a round mixed bristle brush and a blow dryer. This will give hair volume and movement with sleekness and shine.
8. Once each section of hair is dry, clip or pin the newly straightened hair against your scalp and continue drying the next section.
9. When hair is completely dry and pinned against the scalp, spray entire the entire head with a holding spray. Allow spray to dry completely before removing pins or clips.
10. Right before leaving the house unpin all the hair sections and use fingers to gently tousle strands.
Optionally you may wish to use a medium barrel curling iron to add additional volume throughout the finished hairstyle.
11. Finish with a swipe of shine serum or spray.
Apply one drop of shine serum to the palms of your hands, rub together and then lightly brush over the top of your gorgeous new strands.
12. Top off your lush strands with a crystal encrusted tiara like Jane did in her Season 4 wedding.
Or you can also add a beautiful jeweled headband, barrette or flower encrusted clip.
Scale your hair accessories to work with the length and size of the finished hairstyle.
If you wish you can also optionally use fusion or clip-in style hair extensions to add more volume to your natural strands.
These bridal hairstyle work with or without a fringe and a variety of parts. Select the hair options which work best for you.
Brooke Elliott is gorgeous as Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva, Jane Binghum. She is even more stunning as a bride in both her Season 2 dream sequence and her recent Season 4 attempt to make it down the aisle. Unfortunately the beautifully tressed bride was stalled by a kiss and the heart attack of her future husband.
Meanwhile, it's wonderful to see how gorgeous Brooke, as Jane, looked in both of her bridal hairstyles which harmonized perfectly with her gown and veils.
Hopefully all of Brooke's fans will get to see her wear yet another bridal hairstyle in Season 5 when she may finally have the chance to marry Greyson, Jane's true love. As they say in the biz, stay tuned.
Original Publication Date: 09/13/12
- Revised Publication Date: 09/14/12
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: