24 Headband Advantages
|Carrie Thayer - Copyright - All
Rights Reserved|| |
|Revised Date: 08/05/12
On CBS Big Brother
Coach Dan Ghessling currently playing on CBS TV's
popular Big Brother is found of wearing
headbands. Headbands never go out of style and
offer many advantages.
There are at least 24 headband advantages listed below in this
article. They include:
1. Headbands are unisex and can be worn by male and
2. They're worn by all races and ages from infants to people
over 100 years old.
3. Bands work for all types (fine/thin, medium, thick, very
thick) and textures (straight, curly, wavy, kinky or coiled).
4. Headbands can be worn equally by people with any hair
lengths from super short to very long.
5. These versatile accessories can instantly change the mood
of any fashion outfit.
6. Headbands are designed for every fashion event from
hanging at the beach to walking down the aisle or dancing in the
7. Fashionable since the beginning of time when cave people
used leaves and tree branches, headbands never really completely
disappear from the fashion scene.
8. Bad hair days are less traumatic when contained with an
all purpose headband fix which can instantly contain out-of-control
hair or camouflage a bad case of hat hair.
9. Headbands can be worn on a wide range of positions on
the head from right above the eyebrows to positioned at the back of
10. They may be designed to perform an actual hair styling
functions (securing bangs, creating instant volume at the crown) or
simply as a form of hair adornment.
11. Headbands are the perfect hair accessory for competing in
a range of sporting events when it's important to keep hair off the
face and out of the eyes.
12. Some types of headbands can be used to camouflage root
13. Headbands can range in prices from very affordable to very
expensive. The key is to find bands which fit your needs at
the price points you desire.
14. From a functional viewpoint
headbands worn down around the hairline can help to keep the
15. Headbands offer a chance to show off unique personal
16. When worn in combination with clip-in or fusion
extensions, headbands can provide a great camouflage where the real
and add-on hair meet.
17. A plain headband can be easily and instantly altered by
clipping a fresh flower on one side.
18. Headbands may be used to anchor overgrown bangs which may
be hanging in the eyes.
19. A band can instantly add a look of softness to any
20. The right headband can enhance highlights and lowlights by
working in harmony with the hair's hues.
21. Headbands are a well-known celebrity bad hair
day fix. Celebs use headbands to disguise botched hair color
or overall bad hair days.
22. Bands work well in combination with other hair accessories
such as sleeper clips, tiny jaws and claws or decorative bobbies or
23. Easy care. Many headbands are very easy to clean or
launder. Instructions are usually provided.
24. Headbands are easy to put on and remove.
24 Headband Advantages - Types Of Headbands
Listed below are the types of headbands to select from:
1. Hard headbands made into a traditional U shaped band.
2. Soft headbands made from a wide range of materials in all
shapes and widths
3. Combination hard and soft bands where a U shaped band is
covered with material and/or has streamers, tails or long ties.
4. Scarf headbands which may or may not have a hard under
5. Headbands made from elastic which hold a firm shape but are
soft when not worn.
6. Bandeaus headbands made without an adjustable elastic back
7. Stretchy bandeaus style headbands which have adjustable
back or side straps.
Headbands With Teeth
8. Headbands with
visible or invisible teeth which help to anchor the band to the
hair. David Beckham has been spotted wearing bands with a
Note: Although teeth are mostly found in traditional
hard U shaped bands, sometimes they can be found in modified
bandeaus to help anchor the headband to the hair.
9. Hard headbands can be hand made or made from hot
plastics poured into metal molds. When handmade they may
consist of cellulose or a higher end of plastic. Mass produced
headbands are most often made of some form of plastic.
10. Some headbands are made from hard or soft metals.
Chain link style headbands are also available, but may tend to pull
or tear hair.
Other Headband Options
1. Headbands created from the latest colors, fabrics and
patterns offer an instant fashion statement.
2. Headbands can range in width from very skinny to very wide.
3. Single headband styles have just one band while double and
triple bands have 2 or 3 attached together. Although more
rare, some headbands can be found with more than 3 bands
4. Headbands are available in solid colors, an array of
patterns from animal print and snake skins to polka dots, stripes
5. Depending upon the current trends headbands may be adorned
with flowers, feathers, bows or other adornments.
6. Designer headbands are unique although much more costly
than mass market bands.
7. Headbands might also be made out of real or faux leather,
real of faux snakeskin, lambskin or suede.
8. Select headbands to either complement or contrast with your
current hair color.
Why Headbands May Not Work For You
Listed below are the most common reasons headbands may
not be great for everyone:
1. The shape of your head may be too large or too small to
hold headbands. Even the headbands which are advertised as
no-slip just may not work for your head size.
2. They trigger headaches. Although rare, some people
just can't wear headbands of any kind (hard or soft) without getting
3. Although they may not trigger headaches, they may cause
pain around the ears.
There are some companies which make no headache bands.
These types of band may or may not trigger headaches in people who
are prone to have head pain from wearing band. Softer bandeau
bands usually don't cause ear pain.
Other reasons might be that hair is too short, too slippery or
has too much texture. In some cases, people just don't like
how headbands look on their head. A good enough reason to
eschew the popular hair accessory.
Headbands offer many different advantages to men, women and children
of all ages and races.
Whether you wish to wear a headband as a functional hair tool to
hold your hair back, keep sweat off your forehead to grow out some
shaggy bangs, the right headband can accomplish your hair styling
There are a dizzying array of headbands on the
hair market today. Not all of them will work equally well for
all hair types, textures, conditions or styling needs. Some of
the headbands work magically, others may not.
When in doubt about purchasing a headband be sure to ask
questions and look at all the options and alternatives.
Original Publication Date: 07/30/12 - Revised
Publication Date: 08/03/12