|Revised Date: 05/26/11
Jenna Jameson (born Jenna Marie Massoli on April 9, 1974) is an American entrepreneur and former pornographic actress, who has been called the world's most famous adult-entertainment performer and "The Queen of Porn."
Jenna is famous for her long white blonde hair which she wears in a variety of hairstyles from bone straight to highly textured.
She started acting in erotic videos in 1993 after having worked as a stripper and glamour model. By 1996, she had won the "top newcomer" award from each of the three major adult movie organizations.
She has since won more than 20 adult video awards, and has been inducted into both the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) and Adult Video News (AVN) Halls of Fame.
Jameson founded the adult-entertainment company ClubJenna in 2000 with Jay Grdina, whom she later married and divorced.
Initially a single website, this business expanded into managing similar websites of other stars and began producing sexually explicit videos in 2001. The first such movie, Briana Loves Jenna (with Briana Banks), was named at the 2003 AVN Awards as the best-selling and best-renting pornographic title for 2002.
Going From Wavy To Bone Straight
Jenna is famous for her long blonde hair which she alternates between bone straight and textured. Her own hair appears to be a combination of medium straight to slightly wavy. Jenna is known to wear hair extensions and to change up her hairstyles depending on the event.
For most of her career Jenna has had a blonde base ranging from golden blonde to honey blonde with lots of white blonde highlights. Over the years her hair color has transitioned to be beautifully blended with an array of hues interwoven to create lots of movement, fullness and softness.
Jenna is gorgeous regardless of her hair color but she looks stunning with the white blonde highlights and a light honey or golden base.
Long Face Framing Layers Give Beautiful Bounce
Jenna has long layers throughout her tresses which help to create movement. More often than not the mega talented singer wears a long side-swept fringe.
Face framing layers give Jenna's hair lot of bounce. To make her cheekbones pop the sides of her hair which hug her faceare cut to fall longer and blend into the rest of her hair which cascades down over her shoulders.
A long layered cut is the key to keeping long tresses from laying flat and dragging down the face.
How To Steps
Jenna is known for her long lush hair which is built upon a foundation of full and fluffy roots.
Volume is the key to creating Jenna's signature hairstyle whether it's worn bone straight, with lots of texture or pulled up into a tousled pony or knot.
To achieve Jenna's long bone straight hair follow the steps below:
1. Start by cleansing hair in lukewarm water with desired methodology ranging from full strength shampoo to Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO) Wash, Water Only (WO), Low Poo, No Poo or a combination.
Note: If your hair tends to fall flat or is naturally fine, thin or limp you may wish to apply products which are designed to enhance hair volume. Opt for a volume building shampoo, conditioner, volumizing spray and mousse.
2. Rinse and apply a moisturizing conditioner from the top of the ears to the tips of the hair.
3. With conditioner applied to the hair use fingers or a wide-tooth comb to detangle from the ends up to the roots.
4. Finish with a cool to cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot with hair friendly towel (without nubs).
6. Apply leave-in styling conditioner to damp hair consisting of, but not limited to, leave-in conditioner, defrisant (Phytodefrisant or similar) mousse, straightening cream and/or volume enhancing spray.
7. Part your hair slightly to the right. (It is about an inch away from a center part.)
8. Separate hair into 6 equal horizontal sections. Dry hair using a paddle brush and a blow dryer with a concentrator to dry hair straight.
Optionally you can use a round 100% boar bristle brush and a blow dryer to blow dry each section straight.
When you blow dry be sure to lift your hair and direct the air flow from the blow dryer from the ends up to the roots.
10. Separate hair into 6-8 sections and iron from the ears to the ends with a 1 1/2 - 2" barrel (medium barrel) flat iron.
After each section has been straightened roll loosely around fingers in a big barrel style roll and pin to the scalp for hair to set.
11. Once hair has cooled and completely set then unpin the invisible hair rollers.
Run your fingers through individual sections style or use a paddle style brush to lightly arrange in stick straight curtains. Do not over brush.
12. Apply some shine serum to the ends or give your style tons of shine by misting your entire head (except your roots) with shine spray.
Additional Styling Tips
If you adore Jenna's stick straight hairstyle, but have fine or thin strands you may wish to amp up the volume by clip-in some hair.
The more layers your hair has, especially if it is short or medium in length as well as the amount of natural bend, the more fullness you will have.
If you truly wish to copy Jenna’s hairstyle make sure your hair is at optimal health by keeping ends trimmed and religiously perform deep conditioning treatments to keep hair shiny.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments.
They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 05/20/2011 - Revised Date: 05/26/11
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: