|All articles by date|
|Best of Hair Talk|
|Braids & Dreadlocks|
|Curly Hairstyles & FAQ's|
|Hair Care & Recipes|
|Hair Jewelry & Accessories|
|Hair Link of the Week|
|Long Hair Info & Styles|
|Men's Hair Info|
|Short Hair Styles|
|Revised Date: 05/31/11
Season 10 American Idol (AI) finalist Lauren Alaina rocked big bombshell blonde highlighted hair as she sang "Like My Mother Does" in her bid to win the coveted title.
It was also the final song of the evening and maybe the tipping point for Lauren to win.
The song? "Like My Mother Does" dedicated to Lauren's mother, who had tears streaming down her face as her beautiful daughter sang to her. At one point Lauren walked to her mom and hugged her during the touching song.
The beautiful Southern Belle fought back her own tears along with the rest of the AI viewers when she sang the song that would be her first single if she's picked to be America's Next Top Idol.
Not only did the audience fall in love with Lauren's song to her mom, the judges were in awe.
The AI Judges Weigh In
AI Judge Jennifer Lopez who has shown favoritism to the other finalist, Scotty McCreery, said “That was beautiful. You sang it beautifully. It was perfect for you. It was everything that it needed to be. You sang it just the way you needed to: with heart, emotion, feeling and a beautiful, beautiful voice.”
“I think everyone will agree it is a very tough race tonight. But Lauren with that song, you may have just won,” Jennifer Lopez said.
“Lauren Alaina has arrived, America!” Judge Randy Jackson said. “That was amazing! Amazing!”
Judge Steven Tyler added "As far as I’m concerned, the first time I saw you, I thought you were my American Idol," he continued “I think America is going to find that to be true as well. You are ‘it’ in my eyes.”
Lauren And Her Tresses Won Two Of Three Rounds
Ultimately the three judges all agreed that Lauren had won two of the three final rounds. Her hair certainly looked spectacular.
When Lauren was first shown on American Idol her hair was over highlighted, had too much white blonde woven through the top and was plagued by frizz.
Since that humble beginning the Southern belle's tresses have undergone an amazing transformation to a softer and darker ash blonde base with chocolate lowlights and gorgeous creamy white highlights.
Lauren has a lot of options for various hairstyles because her hair is naturally textured with lots of beautiful natural waves and curls. She also has precision layers throughout the interior which gives her tresses lots of volume.
Throughout the American Idol competition Lauren has become known for her sexy, big, bodacious glam hair.
America's new sweetheart rocked hair which dominates catwalks, Red Carpets and fashion covers. Lauren has hair which any lady would kill for.
Lauren Alaina's Hairstyle Secrets
With some adjustments most people can carry this hairstyle off.
Ideally, it's best suited for long, thick, wavy hair. It's also best created on hair which is layered, especially on thick tresses which helps to distribute the weight of the overall style.
Note: If hair is all one length it will be harder to achieve the desired fullness.
The advantage of this hairstyle is that it can be created at home without a hairstylist. You will need a 100% boar bristle brush, detangling comb, blow dryer and either hot rollers or curling iron.
How To Copy Lauren Alaina's Hairstyle
To steal Lauren's glamorous hairstyle which never goes out of style follow the steps below:
1. Cleanse - Start by cleansing hair in lukewarm water using your preferred methodology such as shampoo, Low Poo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioniner Only (CO), Water Only (WO), No Poo or a combination of techniques utilizing the products for your hair type, texture, length and condition.
Note: If your hair tends to fall flat or is naturally fine, thin or limp you may wish to apply products which are designed to enhance hair volume. Opt for a volume building shampoo, conditioner, volumizing spray and mousse.
2. Detangle - Rinse cleansing solution from hair and apply a volumizing and/or moisturizing rinse out conditioner from the top of the ears down through the ends.
Use fingers or a wide tooth hair friendly comb or pick to detangle from the ends to the roots. Work slowly through one 2" section at a time.
3. Rinse - Finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
4. Blot - Use a with a hair-friendly towel (without nubs) to blot off excess moisture. Use fingers like an accordion to gently squeeze out excess water.
5. Prep - Apply a mixture of leave-in conditioner, defrisant (Phytodefrisant), mousse, curl enhancing cream or similar for your hair type, length and texture to damp hair. Apply a product which will give hair hold and volume without adding unnecessary weight.
6. Dry - Separate hair in 6-8 equal sized horizontal sections. Blow dry each section using a 100% boar bristle round brush and a blow dryer with a concentrator vent. Direct air from the ends up towards the roots.
When you blow dry be sure to lift your hair and direct the air flow from the blow dryer from the ends up to the roots.
7. Part - Once hair is 100% dry use the long tail of a comb and create desired optional part and fringe. Part your hair slightly to the right. (It's about an inch away from a center part.)
8. Roll - Separate all of the hair into 1 1/2" to 2" sections. Roll on large hot rollers alternating the direction of the rollers both away from and towards the face. Allow hair to completely cool and set on the hot rollers.
Note: Whether you decide to utilize rollers, or a curling iron, often depends on the quality of your current cut and hair condition.
Note: If you prefer, you can roll hair with a medium barrel curling iron. Once each section has been rolled, roll around fingers and pin to create an invisible roller to allow hair to completey set and cool.
9. Tousle - Remove the hot rollers and/or unpin the invisible rollers. Bend over at the waist, shake curls loose and use fingers to tousle. Then use a boar bristle brush to deconstruct the newly formed curls. Run your fingers through individual sections to loosen up the waves.
10. Tease - The key to Lauren's lush big bombshell hair is lots of backcombing. Teasing adds tons of volume in all the right place. The more you tease, the bigger the final look. Separate hair in individual sections and backcomb with a 100% boar bristle brush.
Secret Tip: For those with fine or thin hair pop in a few clip-in hair extensions to amp up volume. Consider HairUWear's fabulous line of Put On Pieces which can instantly allow you to create any look that you desire with any type of texture.
11. Finish - Once hair is teased to desired fullness and volume smooth into place with fingers or lightly brush down. Finish by applying 1 or 2 drops of shine serum to palms of hands and massage well. Lightly swipe the palms over the top of the finished style.
Optionally you can amp up your shimmer by misting your entire head (except your roots) with shine spray.
12. Adorn - For extra oomph slide a skinny headband a few inches from the hairline to help build up volume throughout the top and near the crown of the hairstyle.
Additional Styling Tips
Is your hair all one length or layered? This can make a huge difference on whether curls you apply will hold or not which determines which curling methodology you select.
The more layers your hair has, especially if it is short or medium in length as well as the amount of natural bend, the more curls you can create and the longer they will hold.
Lauren Alaina's big bombshell hairstyle has an amazing timelessness tied to its innate sexiness. Who doesn't want to have a sassy, sexy glam hairstyle. d
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 05/24/2011 - Revised Date: 05/31/11
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: