|Revised Date: 05/22/11
New Romantic Hairstyles were extremely popular back in 1998, 1999 and 2004, but have recently come back into fashion.
Hairstyles which feature romance are often inspired by the 1930s and the 1950s. Of course they may not be for everyone, but they can be incredibly beautiful.
Waves and curls which are bouncy and bountiful are key to New Romantic Hairstyles.
The definition of a modern taken on the New Romantic Hairstyle is a look with loose, soft, slightly structured curls and ringlets which are worn down and loose for day, but piled high for evening.
A New Romantic Hairstyle is soft, sensual, sexy. When New Romantic hair is piled up it is an amazing tapestry of soft ringlets, curls, coils and waves which cascade from the crown.
The gorgeous blonde American Icon Haley Reinhart is a classic New Romantic Hair wearing icon.
Haley has naturally curly and wavy texture which she showcases in loose deconstructed waves and ringlets cascading down her back.
When Haley piles her curls up on her head they are spectacular.
She also looks spectacular in a romantic un-do which is basically an up-do which is purposely styled to be loose and cascading.
Start With Natural Texture
Although New Romantic hair can be created on any type of hair, it is ideally created on hair which is naturally curly, wavy or has some bend which will hold a curl much easier than tresses which are fine, thin or stick straight
Depending on the type of texture you have is the type of curling tools and techniques you should utilize for creating your Romantic Hairstyle.
How To Steps
To achieve the romantic look of studied dishevelment like Haley rocks simply pin up random sections of ringlet infused hair with bobby pins.
Then allow the rest of the hair to hang loose for a stunning tussled look.
1. Start by cleansing hair in lukewarm water with desired methodology ranging from full strength shampoo to Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO) Wash, Water Only (WO), Low Poo, No Poo or a combination.
2. Rinse and apply a moisturizing conditioner from the top of the ears to the tips of the hair. With conditioner applied to the hair use fingers or a wide-tooth comb to detangle from the ends up to the roots.
3. Finish with a cool to cold water rinse.
4. Towel blot with hair friendly towel (without nubs).
5. Apply leave-in styling conditioner to damp hair consisting of, but not limited to leave-in conditioner, defrisant (Phytodefrisant or similar) mousse, styling curl cream and mousse.
6. Separate hair into 6 equal horizontal sections. Dry hair using a long finger diffuser to enhance and define natural texture.
Optionally you can use a round boars bristle brush and a blow dryer to blow dry each section.
7. Separate hair into 6-8 sections and roll with a 1 1/2 - 2" barrel curling iron. After each section has been curled roll around fingers and pin to the scalp in an invisible roller for hair to set.
Note: Whether you decide to utilize rollers, or a curling iron, often depends on the quality of your current cut and shape of your natural curls.
In some cases, if you have a great cut which enhances your own personal curl pattern, you won't need to utilize a curling iron to fine tune the shape of your ringlets.
8. Once hair is curled to desired profile then direct it back off the face and pin into random curls allowing ringlets to flow freely from the pinned sections.
Pull ringlets down into place with fingers.
Additional Curling Tips
Is your hair all one length or layered? This can make a huge difference on whether curls you apply will hold or not.
The more layered your hair is, especially if it is short or medium in length and has natural bend, the more curls you can create and the longer they will hold.
If you adore curls, but have stick straight hair that doesn't naturally curl, you may wish to consider HairUWear's fabulous line of Put On Pieces that can instantly allow you to create any look that you desire with any type of curls.
One great way to coiff a New Romantic Hairstyle is to wear curled hair loosely pulled back and piled on top of the head with the rear section left to cascade down over the shoulders towards the middle of the back.
It's a stunning and incredibly romantic hairstyle which will never go out of style or popularity.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 05/20/2011 - Revised Date: 05/22/11
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links:
Warning: include() [function.include]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 42
Warning: include(http://www.hairboutique.com/content/social_box300.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 42
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.hairboutique.com/content/social_box300.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;C:\inetpub\_includes') in C:\inetpub\www.hairboutique.com\content\articles_right_column.php on line 42