|Original Publication Date: 01/04/10
Nicole Kidman is a true movie star who understands how to work a Red Carpet for a major film premiere. She recently made the rounds of all the major cities from New York to LA to attend the gala premieres for 'Nine'.
The star studded cast was out in force for the fans at the gala premieres.
Nicole Kidman who has spent a lot of time on the Best Dressed Celebrity list look spectacular with her trademark naturally curly strawberry blonde hair swept sleekly up into a asymmetric positioned looped back chignon.
Throughout the course of her spectacular career Nicole has utilized some of the biggest celebrity hairdressers in the business.
For the 'Nine' Premiere in New York Nicole was radiant in a strapless black lace short gown which showcased her stunning figure.
The hairstyle was coiffed by hairstylist Kerry Warn who told the media she wanted to pull Nicole's hair up but not in a traditional tight or overly stiff style. He said "chignons can be really formal", but to complement her sexy gown Kerry wanted Nicole's chignon to be "comfortable and fresh."
Nicole Kidman's Playful Updo 411
Hairstyle: Stunning Red Carpet Updo Combining Sleek Tresses With Loose Looped Curls
The ongoing hair question centered around Nicole Kidman is whether or not she will showcase her naturally curly tresses or surrender them to the flat irons. Over the course of her career the stunning Aussie star has worn her hair from extremely curly to stick straight. She has also morphed from her natural strawberry blonde to deep reds, light blondes and even light brunettes.
Hairstyle Color: Multi-dimensional Medium Cinnamon Red
Hairstyle Highlights/Lowlights: If you look closely you will see what appears to be a ribbons of lighter and darker cinnamon hues which give Nicole's strands spectacular depth and movement.
Texture: Nicole Kidman has naturally curly hair which is fine to medium in type and naturally forms ringlets ranging in tightness.
Fringe: Nicole has naturally curly tresses so she rarely wears a fringe. If and when she does it is either side-swept straightened strands or a few well placed ringlets which either frame the sides of her face or float from her hairline.
Face Shape: Nicole's face shape is a blend of oval and square. She has well defined cheekbones which slope into a squared off jaw with a slightly rounded chin.
Hairstyle Works Best: Nicole's hairstyle works best for hair which is shoulder length or longer which is all one length or with very subtle layers.
The best texture for recreating this hairstyle is hair that can be easily straightened and then formed into loose curls. Tresses with are naturally curly or wavy will need to be straightened. Naturally straight hair will need to be curled unless a pre-curled add-on chignon or clip-in hair extension piece is added.
Depending on your natural texture this hairstyle can be copied with or without a fringe.
Hair Tools Required: Large barrel curling iron or hot rollers, 100% boar bristle brush, long tail comb, bobby pins in the same color as your current hair hue, styling spray and/or cream, sculpting hairspray, shine spray and/or serum drops.
How To Recreate Nicole's Sophisticated Looped Curled Updo Hairstyle
Nicole Kidman's hairstylist reported he "blew her hair dry with smoothing serum." He noted the serum "is my security that it won't frizz out later."
To copy Nicole's hairstyle follow the simple steps listed below:
1. Start with freshly cleansed and completely dry tresses which have been temporarily straightened (with a combination blow dryer and straightening iron) and finished with smoothing serum.
2. If you wish to copy Nicole's look completely, create a deep side part extending directly back from the hairline using a long tail comb.
If you prefer, you can copy Nicole's hairstyle with a fringe or center part, although it will not look exactly the same.
The ponytail base should be positioned to one side of the nape of the neck so the curled and looped chignon will peek over one shoulder in an asymmetrical shape.
4. Carefully pull one single strand from the hairline on the opposite side of the part to create the long looped curl which frames Nicole's face. Curl with a large barrel curling iron. Arrange with fingers to create a soft playful ringlet.
5. Once the low side pony has been created as desired, separate the pony into approximately 2" strands.
6. Spritz styling spray or apply styling cream, to the individual sections of the pony. Wrap each section around a large barrel curling iron (or large hot rollers) for a few seconds to avoid burning or damaging strands. When in doubt hold the iron until you feel the heat coming off of the hair.
Note: Remember the larger the curling iron barrel, the looser the resulting curls. For this look you may want to use a large barrel curling iron.
7. After creating the individual curls and removing the iron, roll new curl around fingers to recreate the curl. Pin to the scalp.
8. When all the sections of the pony hair have been completely ironed, reformed and pinned, spritz your entire area lightly with a setting or styling spray.
9. When hair is completely dry and cool, unpin each curl and arrange into large loopy curls with fingers. Touch up any sections with the curling iron. Gently pull on any of the curls which are too tight.
Tuck the curls into place and secure against the scalp with large bobby pins the same color of the hair. Alternate the curls to create a well balanced profile.
10. For Nicole's sexy shine add a few drops of shine serum, spray or shine enhancing hairspray to the palms of your hands and then wipe lightly over the top of your tresses.
This hairstyle is gorgeous and can be worn for any Holiday or Party Hair event ranging from a formal or semi-formal dinner or a special formal dance or Prom.
This is a classic hairstyle which never goes out of style. To amp up the look even more add a bejewelled hairpin clip on the side of the head right above the chignon.
Nicole decided to play the role of Claudia Jenssen in 'NINE' even though filming in London started shortly after she gave birth to her first child, daughter Sunday Rose.
The actress decided she couldn't pass up the opportunity to co-star in a film with a cast that was brimming with some of the biggest names in the business including Daniel Day Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cottilard, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren and Kate Hudson.
Nicole said "everybody was so supportive and kind they always made me and Sunday Rose feel welcome" which made the cast and the filming very special to the statuesque actress.
What's next for Nicole? She's already working on her next film, 'The Danish Girl' which involves playing a controversial post-op transsexual. Will the film help or hurt her career? It's hard to tell, but Nicole is not afraid to take risks which in the past have netted her several awards, including an Oscar for playing Virginia Wolf in 'The Hours."
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 12/28/09 - Revised Publication Date: 12/28/09
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: