|Revised Date: 06/16/14 -Original Publication Date:
Although Kathryn Ann "Katee" Sackhoff (born April 8, 1980) currently stars in the A&E series Longmire as Deputy Sheriff Victoria "Vic" Moretti (2012–present), she's most fondly thought of as the ultimate Bionic Babe.
Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Many fans know and love Katee for her iconic role playing Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on the Sci Fi (SyFy) Channel's television program Battlestar Galactica (2003–2009).
In fact, the top femme fatale played herself on two different episodes of the wildly popular TV series Big Bang Theory as the ultimate badass dream girl of nerdy Howard Wolowitz.
Katee said her performance on Battlestar Galactica was inspired by the ultimate Bionic Goddess Linda Hamilton in her portrayal of Sarah Connor in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
She said "I think that was the one character that I kind of looked to as far as body image and strength. I think I looked to her character and said, 'OK, that's kind of what you need to embody.'"
TV's Bionic Woman
Katee took her well-known bionic acting skills in a recurring role in the TV series Bionic Woman 2007 and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2012–2013).
She also kicked some butt in a lead role in the eighth season of 24 as Dana Walsh, a Russian Mole (2010).
In 2013 she also played tough characters in Sexy Evil Genius and a bounty hunter in Riddick.
Other TV Series
Sackhoff has also starred in the short-lived TV series The Fearing Mind (2000–2001) and The Education of Max Bickford (2001–2002).
She had recurring roles in the TV series Robot Chicken (2007–2012), Nip/Tuck (2009) and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2010-2011).
Katee had lead roles in the films Halloween: Resurrection (2002); White Noise: The Light (2007); Batman: Year One (2011); The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia, and had a supporting role in Oculus (film).
Note: Check out Katee Sackhoff - Short Sassy SciFi Strands!
The Big Bang Theory
In a July 24, 2013 interview with Vanity Fair the blonde Bionic Babe shared her thoughts about the challenges she has faced in her on-screen female action roles as a blonde.
She told Vanity Fair "I know that it seems so simple and so stupid, but it's not (easy to be blonde), especially in action (films)."
Katee explained "when you play a tough character and you’re blonde, there is a complete disconnect."
She said "I’m naturally blonde, but I’ve been told so many times, when I do one of these [action] roles, “We should really dye your hair brown. Because blonde girls aren’t tough. We should cut your hair off because girls with long hair just aren’t tough.”
The actress told Vanity Fair "people associate girls with long blonde hair with the girls in Clueless or Legally Blonde. You can’t be smart and educated and have an opinion because you are supposed to be stupid. They’re the same struggles, but they manifest themselves very differently in this business."
Steal Katee's Short Hair Style
Katee's short bob style for her role as Starbuck was designed to give her more of a tough girl look in kicking with her role as a badass fighter pilot.
Although Katee has bemoaned the fact her short haircuts were realistic for the actual plot, her begging for long hair fell on deaf ears.
The actual hairstyle was carefully built upon a foundation of precision perfect lines which flowed into shorter defined angled sides to a straight back with more length.
A deep side part resulted in a sleek draping of sleek shiny hair which hugged one side of her face.
The other side was slicked back behind Katee's ear with the ends directed forward towards her chiseled face. Katee is famous for her high cheekbones.
Steal Katee's stunning short style with the following steps:
1. Start with a precision short cut which takes into consideration your own face shape, hair type, texture and condition.
2. To duplicate Katee's sleek Starbuck look, shampoo hair with a shampoo designed to address your hair's special needs.
Note: If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, select a shampoo which supports those treatments. You may prefer to use a dilution formula or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
3. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin or fine).
4. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine.
5. Towel blot and apply a cocktail of desired leave-in detangling/conditioning or styling products (mousse, gel, glaze).
6. Detangle with a wide tooth comb. Hair should be parted deep on one side.
7. Use a blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle. Use a boar bristle paddle brush combined with the blow dryer for a super sleek finish.
8. Once hair is 100% dry use fingers to finish style and direct hair behind one ear. Opt for a dab of pomade or styling cream to finish ends and keep them sleekly in place.
9. For super watt shine, apply a tiny drop of shine spray or drops to the palms of hands and lightly swipe over the top of the style.
Katee Sackhoff is a Blonde Bionic Babe known for her tough kick-butt female roles and her edgy Bionic Hairstyles to showcase her acting muscles.
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: