Introduction – Great Summer Hair Knot
The beauty of a great summer hair knot is that they’re easy to create. They look different on every size or shape of head. They also work with just about every type of hair or texture.
Hair knots can be positioned just about anywhere on the head from a classic topknot to the sides of the head, at the crown, halfway down the head or at the nape of the neck.
The only requirement for a great hair knot hairstyle is hair long enough to be pulled up on top of your head. If your own hair isn’t long enough you can always blur the lines with fusion or even precision placed clip-in extensions.
Hair knots are actually one of the best Summer go-to hairstyles because they’re easy to create on wet, damp or dry hair. They can be glammed up or worn casual with an assortment of parts and fringes.
Hair knots can be created on either naturally straight or temporarily straightened hair to achieve the sleekest hair styles. They can be dressed up with a few loose strands teased around the hairline.
The only limit to how you can put your own signature on a hair knot is the amount of hair you have and the type of hair accessories you select.
How To Create A Great Summer Hair Knot
This type of hair knot works best on day old hair which gives it a firm grip.
Optionally you can create your hair knot on newly cleansed strands which have been blow dried straight.
1. Direct hair off the hairline by using fingers or a 100% boar bristle brush. A fringe or part is optional.
2. Gently direct hair into a high pony, but don’t secure. Hold pony base with one hand.
3. Lift end of the pony. Flip tail over the base once to anchor.
4. After hair has been flipped over, lift end of tail and twist clockwise. Continue to twist until the tail starts to fold back on itself.
5. Wrap the twisted tail into a small tight circle or knot using hands to arrange and form.
6. Anchor knot to your head in the desired position with bobby pins the same color as your hair. Be sure to pin securely.
7. Finish with a spritz of hairspray.
8. After styling spray is dry add any desired hair accessories. Choose from headbands, tiaras, bun holders, crystal pins, barrettes, hair flowers or clips.
Summary – Great Summer Hair Knot
The beauty of a great summer hair knot is that they’re easy to create. Even better, they look completely different on every size or shape of head.
They also work with just about every type of hair or texture.