Introduction – Dylan Dreyer’s Picture Perfect Bob Hairstyle
Meteorologist Dylan Dreyer joined NBC News as Weekend Today weather anchor in September 2012.
While Dylan provides Today and MSNBC viewers with details on the weather across the United States, she also offers great views of her picture perfect bob hairstyle.
Dylan’s honey blonde chin-length bob is so perfectly sculpted and finished it literally shimmers under the studio’s lights.
Dylan is always slightly changing up her sleekly styled straight bob by adding a sassy side-swept fringe or amping up the healthy honey blonde base with lighter, brighter buttery blonde highlights. One of the great advantages to a bob hairstyle is how versatile it is.
The NBC meteorologist has a sassy edge to her no-nonsense weather reporting which works in perfect harmony with her always stunning bob hairstyles.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow the steps below to re-create Dylan’s Picture Perfect Bob Hairstyle which is always sleek, shiny and frizz-free.
1. Start with a precision bob haircut created by a professional hairstylist. It’s important to start with a great cut because the most important feature of a bob hair style is the blunt line which allows the hair to fall perfectly from the roots.
2. Shampoo detangled hair in lukewarm water with the appropriate cleaners for your hair type, texture and current condition. If your hair is dry, naturally textured or damaged, consider utilizing a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo or Low Poo formula. For bleached, color treated, or chemically altered hair utilize a hydrating formulation.
3. Rinse hair completely and then apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioner from the top of the ear lobes down to the ends. Detangle with fingers or a wide tooth comb.
4. Allow conditioner to remain on your strands for the desired amount of time. Rinse completely with lukewarm water. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to reduce frizz and increase shine.
5. Towel blot hair. Do not rub, crunch or fluff hair as this can damage fragile strands.
6. Apply a leave-in styling cocktail from the roots down to the ends. This cocktail may include, but not be limited to a defrisant, leave-in conditioner, styling cream or mousse. Make sure your products have heat protection. If not, apply 1-2 drops of a heat protectant at the ends to strands.
7. If you want to add volume to the roots, apply a root lifting product after applying the styling cocktail.
8. Use a long tail comb to create desired part and/or separate out a desired fringe. Dry the fringe with fingers or a round boar brush.
9. Separate hair into 1″ sections. Use a 100% round boar bristle brush combined with a blow dryer to achieve a sleek straight finish.
Work in individual sections around the entire head. Direct the air from the blow dryer down the hair shaft from the roots to the ends. Roll the ends slightly under the brush around the edges of the hairstyle.
10. When hair is 100% dry, use a small barrel flat iron to create additional sleekness and remove any kinks. Run the iron over the entire head a few times until the desired sleekness has been created.
11. Finish with 1-2 drops of shine serum massaged into the hands and brushed over the top of the finished hairstyle.
Optionally you may prefer to use fingers to rake through all the hair from the top of the earlobes
down to the ends. Avoid the roots. Shine serum and/or spray can may also be utilized. Remember, a little bit goes a long way to a shiny bouncing bob.
Optionally you may wish to embellish your finished hairstyle with a small crystal encrusted hair clip pinned on one side or at the top of the fringe. You may also wish to add a skinny headband to dress up your sleek and sassy bob.
Summary – Dylan Dryer’s Picture Perfect Bob Hairstyle
Dylan Dreyer’s picture perfect bob hairstyle is a cute and trendy hair which can be cut to fit any hair type, texture or condition. It also works for all hair types and age ranges.
A bob can be amped up with highlights, low lights and hair accessories. Be creative and have fun and your hair will look amazing just like Dylan’s.
One of the great advantages to a picture perfect bob hairstyle like Dylan wears is that it’s versatile and can easily be changed up if hair boredom sets in.