Connie Britton was spectacular as the loyal and long suffering wife (Tami Taylor) of the high school football coach in Friday Night Lights.
Although the series was critically acclaimed and beloved by fans, it never achieved the long term ratings necessary to keep it on the air. Sadly the series, which was initially picked up by DirecTV ended a few months ago.
Fans and critics were thrilled when the beloved drama was nominated for four Emmy Awards including Lead Actress in a Drama for Connie Britton and Lead Actor in a Drama for Kyle Chandler.
Although Connie lost to Good Wife’s Julianna Marguiles, Kyle Chandler took home the Emmy. It was a thrill to see Kyle win.
Connie was sitting next to Kyle in the Nokia Theatre. Connie was wearing a strapless rust-colored gown with a blond bodice. She had her strawberry blonde hair styled long and flowing. She looked absolutely gorgeous.
Follow the steps below to copy Connie’s long strawberry blonde hair:
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to address the needs of your hair type, texture and current condition. If your hair is dry or damaged from other factors consider utilizing a hydrating cleansing product. Or you may wish to select a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash (Co Wash) or similar cleansing methodology.
2. Rinse cleansing formula from the hair and then apply an appropriate rinse-out conditioner from the tops of the ears to the ends. If your hair tends to be fine or thin use a rinse out product which is very light.
3. Detangle strands with fingers or a wide-tooth comb working in horizontal sections from the ends up to the roots.
4. Rinse out conditioner and finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess water.
6. Apply styling cocktail which may include, but not be limited to, detangling spray, defrisant based leave-in conditioner or styling mousse. If hair is not naturally straight you may want to add in a dab of straightening gel or cream.
7. Create desired part. Connie tends to wear side or center parts. Separate hair into 2″ horizontal sections and blow dry straight with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush. Work from one side of the head to the other. Hold the end of each section of hair taut as you direct the air flow from the blow dryer nozzle down the shaft from the roots to the ends to encourage sleekness and shine.
8. After hair is 100% dry separate into 1 1/2 to 2″ sections. Apply a thermal protectant to each section before flat ironing with a 1 1/2 to 2″ flat iron. Run the iron through each section of hair a few times to achieve a bone straight finish. If you wish to add texture to the edges then use the iron to slightly twist the end up to create a curve.
9. Once hair is completely cool apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of the hands and work through the strands from top of the ear to the ends. Do not apply to the roots.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.